qlater doesn't raise priority of qlogin job
leonardz
2010-12-10 19:15:12 UTC
We have a user who is running the maximum number of jobs we allow a user to run concurrently and he has 500 jobs in qw state.

His qlogin jobs is one of them

I typed qalter -p 512 jid

and the priority of the qlogin job did not change. It was zero before and after the qalter.

How do we increase the priority of the queued qlogin job so that it runs before any other job the user has queued will run when the first running job completes.?

This is on ge 6.2u5 running on solaris 10 update 8.

Len Zaifman
Systems Manager, High Performance Systems
The Centre for Computational Biology
The Hospital for Sick Children
555 University Ave.
Toronto, Ont M5G 1X8

tel: 416-813-5513
email: ***@sickkids.ca

This e-mail may contain confidential, personal and/or health information(information which may be subject to legal restrictions on use, retention and/or disclosure) for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

reuti
2010-12-10 20:32:37 UTC
Post by leonardz
We have a user who is running the maximum number of jobs we allow a user to run concurrently and he has 500 jobs in qw state.
His qlogin jobs is one of them
I typed qalter -p 512 jid
and the priority of the qlogin job did not change. It was zero before and after the qalter.
What is the setting of weight_priority in your scheduler configuration in relation also to other weights?

-- Reuti